REVISED APRIL 2018
JOB TITLE: Nursery Attendant
RESPONSIBLE TO: Youth Ministry
Part time; provide nursery care for infants and small children during Sunday worship, vacation bible school (one week in July 9:00 am-12:00 pm), possible additional hours as needed and agreed upon for other meetings or special events.
• Provide safe care of children in nursery during worship hours (9:15am-12:15pm/until all children are picked up)
• Contact supervisor as soon as possible if unable to make a scheduled shift.
• Accurately track attendance of all children in the nursery in provided Nursery binder.
• Keep nursery clean and safe. Ensure play surfaces and materials are washed and disinfected
regularly and all items are returned to storage areas before leaving.
• Report any and all concerns to Pastor or CYFM coordinator.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
• Current first aid certification and CPR certification preferred (training paid for by GLC)
• Pass background check (paid for by GLC)
• Experience with general baby/toddler care (feeding, diaper changing, etc)
• Familiarity with developmental needs and appropriate play levels of young children.
• Ability to complete assigned tasks as necessary.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Cover letters and resumes may also be dropped off in the Gethsemane Lutheran Office during normal office hours (Mon-Thurs 8-3) or can be mailed to Gethsemane Lutheran Church c/o Jasmine Anderson 11560 SE Market St. Portland, OR 97216